Skip to Main Content
Other Options in Giving
- Appreciated Property – securities and real estate – for a gift to Gender Studies at Boise State University of a personal residence or a farm, you may benefit from the tax advantages of the gift while retaining the right to live there during your lifetime.
- Gifts in Kind – Contributions of equipment, books or other materials needed by Gender Studies qualify as charitable deductions.
- Life Insurance
- Planned Gifts – Planned or deferred gifts may offer the donor significant tax advantages.
- Designating Boise State University’s Gender Studies Program as a beneficiary in your will – by providing for the program in your will, you can ensure quality educational opportunities for future generations of students.
- Life Income Agreements – cash, appreciated securities, or real estate may be used to establish life income trusts.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts provide the tax advantages of current contributions with the security of fixed, lifetime incomes, generally for the donors and their spouses. The agreed upon annual payments remain unchanged regardless of how the investments perform.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts are irrevocable trusts that provide a hedge against inflation by adjusting the annual amounts paid to you to the fair market value of the assets in the trusts.
- Matching Gifts – If you work for a matching gift company, your gift to Gender Studies could double or even triple when your company matches your gift. To take advantage of this opportunity, obtain a matching gift form from your personnel or corporate contributions office and include it with your gift.